- 2 medium aubergines
- 400g white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 100g tomatoes, chopped
- ½ dried thyme
- ½ dried oregano
- ½ low salt vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp engevita yeast flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the aubergine lengthways and then cut into 4mm thick slices. In a griddle pan, dry fry the slices to give charred lines and set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, dry fry the mushrooms and any diced pieces of aubergine until browned. Add the onion, garlic and celery and fry for a couple of minutes. Add the tomatoes, herbs and stock cube.
- In a medium baking dish start by layering the aubergine and filling, alternating between them. Make sure the last layer on top is the filling. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle over the yeast flakes.
- Serve with a side of mixed salad leaves, cucumber and tomato.