Chickpea and spinach curry
400 kcal, 15g carbohydrates/serving. Serves 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 400g chickpeas
- 1 reduced salt vegetable stock
- 100g fresh spinach
- 4 tbsp low fat Greek yogurt (2 tbsp/portion)
- Place the olive oil, onion and garlic on a medium heat and cook until the onion Is translucent.
- Add the garam masala, cumin, turmeric and black pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for around 1 minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and chickpeas, vegetable stock and 450 ml boiling water and leave to simmer on a medium heat for around 30 minutes.
- Stir In the fresh spinach until wilted.
- Enjoy with a sprinkle of fresh coriander and 2 tbsp of yogurt per serving.