Sweet potato hash
Ingredients | Serves 1
- 300g sweet potatoes, diced into bite sized chunks
- 10 spring onions, finely sliced
- 150g spinach
- 160g white mushrooms, finely sliced
- 4 medium eggs
- ½ avocado, diced into bite sized chunks
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce (optional)
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 431 kcal
- 21g Fat
- 4.9g Saturated fat
- 37g Carbohydrate
- 8.1g Fibre
- 22g Protein
- 0.67g Salt
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 200°C fan / gas mark 7.
- Season your sweet potatoes with paprika and spread them out evenly on to the baking tray. Place in the oven and cook for 18 minutes.
- In the meantime, add a small amount of oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook your mushrooms until soft. Once soft add your spring onions to the pan for a further 2-3 minutes. Season with black pepper as you go.
- Then add your spinach to the pan and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Whilst doing this, cook your eggs. These can be scrambled or poached based on your preference.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, add this and the avocado to the pan with the rest of the ingredients and gently mix for 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Serve the ingredients in the pan onto your plate and top with the eggs. If you want more spice, then add your hot sauce onto the top.