Egg and avocado on toast
300 kcal, serves 1
- 1 medium slice of wholemeal bread
- 1 egg
- ½ medium avocado
- Squeeze of lemon (optional)
- ½ tsp chili flakes (optional)
- Crack the egg into a bowl
- Place some water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Make sure the water is at least 5cm deep.
- Tip the egg into the saucepan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and leave for 8-10 minutes.
- Scoop the egg using a slotted spoon and drain over some paper towel.
- While the egg is cooking, place the toast into a toaster.
- Scoop out half a medium avocado and mash in a bowl.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and ½ tsp of chili flakes (optional).
- Place the mashed avocado on the toast and the poached egg on top and enjoy!