Tomato and basil soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 handfull fresh basil leaves
- sprinkle black pepper
- Dry fry the onion, carrot and celery in a pan until translucent. Add some water if you feel the mixture is too dry. Add some oregano and pepper.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and 1.5L of boiling water.
- Leave to simmer over a gentle heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Season with some additional pepper to taste.
- Blend with a hand blender to reach your desired consistency