Pumpkin and carrot soup
- ½ medium pumpkin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Jamaican chow chow, cut into 6 pieces each
- 6 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3cm fresh ginger, chopped
- ½ pint water
- White pepper
- Place the vegetables in a pot with garlic, white pepper and ginger.
- Cook over a medium heat for around 10-15 minutes.
- Add the water and simmer for around 30 minutes.
- Blend with a hand blender and add some additional water to reach desired consistency.