- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bag shredded green cabbage
- 1 reduced salt vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 juice of lemon
- Dry fry the garlic and onion until translucent. Add in the chopped celery, carrots, bell peppers and sauté until tender (around 10 minutes).
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and cabbage. Add in the reduced salt stock cube with just enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for around 30 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
- Squeeze in some lemon juice and season with some spices.