Bean and cauliflower patties
- 200g cauliflower, steamed
- 40g edamame beans
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 200g turnips, cut into chip sized chunks
Prepare in advance
- Steam the cauliflower and edamame beans until soft. Mash together and season with chilli flakes and dried herbs. Place in a pan on a gentle heat to evaporate as much water as possible.
- Scoop the mixture into chef rings or small ramekins or just mould into patties by hand. Freeze and store any extra patties for another day.
- Peel the turnip and cut into chips. Place in a freezer bag and season with cayenne pepper and paprika. Toss to coat.
When ready to eat
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the patties and chips on a non-stick baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until chips are coloured and soft.
- Season the patties with balsamic vinegar and serve with boiled green beans and diced tomatoes.