Microsoft Teams for desktop/laptop
Please note; an internet connection is required to enter your Teams session therefore your Wi-Fi or internet will need to be turned on – check with your internet provider if you have any questions around data caps/charges etc.
To get you started, click the Microsoft Teams link for the session you’d like to join.
Before you start the session
- A new page will open in your browser and you will be given a number of options, select ‘Continue in this browser;’ or ‘Join on the web instead’.
- You are now ready to join the session
- You will be asked to type in your name – please type in your first name and surname initial. Please be aware that the name you enter will be visible to others in the group.
- In addition, you can turn your web camera off/on by using the toggle before entering the group session.
- When you ready click on ‘Join now’. You may be prompted to allow Teams to record audio or your microphone. Please allow this.
- You will now be taken into Teams for your session – Enjoy!
Tip: If you do drop out of the session don’t worry – just click on ‘Rejoin’