Microsoft Teams for smartphone or tablet
The below steps will help if you are using a smart phone or smart device. smart phones/tablets includes Apple iPhone, iPad, Samsung mobiles and many other mobile devices.
Please note; an internet connection is required to enter your Teams session therefore your Wi-Fi or mobile data will need to be turned on – check with your internet provider if you have any questions around data caps or charges etc.
Before you start the session – you will need to download the Microsoft Teams App.Download Microsoft Teams
- Click on the link above. You will be taken to the app store.
- Click on ‘Install’ and this will add the Microsoft Teams app to your smart phone/tablet.
- Once it’s installed, you will be asked to sign in or sign up, you do not need to do this. When you are ready to join your session, you can join as a guest.
Ready to join the session
- Using your smartphone/tablet click the link for the session you’d like to join. This will open Microsoft Teams.
- On the screen you will be asked ‘How would you like to join?’. Click on ‘Join as a Guest’.
- You will be asked to type in your name – please type in your First Name and Surname Initial. Please be aware that the name you enter will be visible to others in the group.
- You may be prompted to allow Teams to record audio or your microphone. Please allow this.
- You will now be taken into Teams for your – Enjoy!
Tip: If you do drop out of the session don’t worry – just click on ‘Rejoin’