NHS Digital Weight Management Commitments
Start your journey by watching your introduction video here:
Your commitments to us
To actively use the wellbeing way app to progress towards a healthier lifestyle, this includes entering your weight reading weekly into the app, completing the online modules, and setting weekly goals.
To book and attend your one-to-one coaching sessions with your qualified health coach.
To actively engage in all aspects of your programme. Active participation will give you the best chances of achieving your weight loss target and health goals.
To let us know if you are unable or no longer wish to continue with the programme by emailing: email@example.com
To utilise the community forum to seek support, motivation, and guidance from your peers.
To inform us of any changes to your health (including pregnancy) ** that may impact on your ability to take part in the programme. It is important that we are aware of any changes to your health and wellbeing so we can provide you with the most appropriate support.
To treat our staff with kindness and respect in all communications and interactions.
To not to swear, or use abusive, discriminatory, or defamatory language in any communications with our staff.
** we would like to know if you are diagnosed with an eating disorder, have been added to the frailty register by a Health Care Professional, have had bariatric / weight loss surgery and/or live with a significant unmanaged health condition. Unmanaged means not on medication or not completed an active management programme or not under regular medical review.
Give us your feedback
Although our team try hard to deliver the best possible experience, we recognise that occasionally we may not get it right. If you are unhappy with any part of our service, we would like to know so that we can resolve this with you
Via our online form found here:
We will always try and respond to any feedback quickly and efficiently; however if necessary we will support you through our complaints procedure.
Our commitment to you
To provide you with a service designed to support you to lose 5% of your body weight in a safe and sustainable way.
To equip you with the knowledge, skills, and tools to make healthier lifestyle changes.
To support you to set specific and realistic health goals.
To ensure we deliver an effective service which is based on the latest evidence.
To treat you with respect and address you using your preferred name.
To not swear, or use abusive, discriminatory, or defamatory language in any communications with you.
To keep any information, you share with us securely and only share it with your referring healthcare professional and programme commissioner, if applicable, for reporting and evaluation purposes. If you opt-out of the evaluation, your report details will be reported anonymously.
What we will do if you treat our staff with disrespect
We run a zero-tolerance policy with regards to the abuse of our staff.
Personal or targeted insults, threats, obscene and aggressive comments directed at our staff will not be tolerated.
Should you behave in this manner, our staff will ask you to refrain from such behaviour and give you one warning that if this behaviour is repeated, they will end the call/contact.
Should you repeat the behaviour during the call/contact, our staff will tell you they are ending the call/contact at once and refer the incident to their manager.
Service users who actively engage in this way may be removed from the programme and banned from other Xyla Health & Wellbeing services.
What we will do if you feel our staff have treated you with disrespect
If you feel our staff have treated you with disrespect or caused offence, we will investigate your concerns and inform you of the general outcome.
You can report any such behaviours or concerns to us at: AdultWeight.Management@xylahealth.com
Attending Coaching Sessions
The benefits of attending coaching sessions.
- One to one coaching sessions with a qualified health coach are included as part of your NHS Digital Weight Management Programme.
- These sessions are your opportunity to receive motivational support, guidance, and encouragement to make the small lifestyle changes that result in weight loss and a healthier you.
- Our outcomes shows that service users who attend coaching sessions are 60% more likely to lose weight and 90% more likely to successful complete the course
Our expectation that you attend booked sessions.
- Your one-to-one coaching sessions are with a qualified health coach and provided free at point of access. The typical cost of a private coaching session is £40 – £60 per hour.
- There is a range of times and days available to choose from and offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Our expectation is that service users attend all pre-booked sessions as by not attending (categorised as a ‘uninformed absence’), you are preventing that session being utilised by someone else.
- We do of course recognise that in exceptional circumstances this may be unavoidable but ask that you do your best to inform us if you cannot attend a session before it starts or as soon as possible thereafter.
Our expectation that you reschedule booked sessions in suitable time, if the scheduled time and date is no longer suitable.
- Our expectation is you reschedule your pre-booked session as soon as possible if you are no longer able to attend
- You can reschedule your session to a more suitable time/day via your app. (Add screen shot/video link?)
Our expectation that you cancel booked sessions in suitable time.
- Our expectation is you cancel pre-booked sessions if you are no longer able to attend or no longer require the session.
- We ask that you aim to do this at least 48 hours before your scheduled session start time.
What action we may take if you do not attend a pre-booked session or do not cancel ahead of the session start time.
- We understand that life is complicated and sometimes not attending a session is unavoidable. Therefore, we will not take any action should you not attend a session on one occasion without prior notification or cancellation.
- We do, however, ask that you contact us to rearrange your missed session asap or reschedule in the app (which you will have up to 96 hours to do so after the time of your original missed session).
- At your scheduled appointment time our coaching team will attempt to call you three times. Should you not answer the call, we will leave you a voicemail message stating we tried to call you (subject to General Data Protection Regulations, GDRP), and record the session as a uninformed absence.
- Should you miss a second session without prior notification or cancellation, we reserve the right to reduce the remaining coaching sessions available to you.
- Should you miss a third session without prior notification or cancellation, we reserve the right to remove you from the programme, unless there are exceptional circumstances which have caused you to miss three or more sessions.
What you can expect from us if we need to cancel or reschedule your session.
- Occasionally, it may be necessary for us to cancel or rearrange your coaching session.
- This could be due to unforeseen staff absence or business closure days due to training, bank holidays etc.
- If we need to cancel your session due to the absence of your assigned coach, we will try and arrange for another coach to cover your session.
- We will always do our upmost to give you at least 48 hours’ notice of cancelling your session and offer you an alternative session date and time so you are not disadvantaged at all.
What is the process if I do not want to receive one to one coaching sessions?
- We strongly encourage you to book and attend sessions to support you in your weight loss and journey to a healthier you.
- We recognise that telephone coaching may not be for everyone and will work with you to explore alternatives.
- These could be coaching via video calls, e-mails, or more informal check ins.
- If none of these options are for you, you can work through the course independently and reach out to us at any time during your 12-week journey should you change your mind, and we will do our best to find you a coaching session that meets your availability and needs.