Live Well Newham
Get fit, lose weight, feel great!
Lose weight on our free 12 -Week weight management programme delivered in Newham
Losing weight can help you to feel happier, more confident and can drastically improve your health.
With Live Well Newham you can:
- Attend gender and language specific groups with like minded people who have similar goals
- Learn how to plan and make different, healthy, cultural meals with helpful videos and recipes with out partners Nutrition Kitchen and Bags of Taste
- Get access to qualified, local Health & Wellbeing coaches who can support you through your journey
- 3 months of discounted gym membership upon completing the programme
What’s included in the programme?
– Access to our WellbeingWay app
– Free group sessions
– Online learning
– Tailored webinars, blogs and podcasts
– Cooking and nutrition demonstrations
– Frequent contact with a coach
Newham residents aged 18 or above that are classed as overweight or obese (i.e. BMI of 25+ for White residents or 23+ for residents of Black and Asian heritage). If you don’t know your BMI, complete our form below to find out, or if you would like to speak to a member of our team please call us on 0333 577 3011.
Our free 12-week weight management programme is delivered in the following venues:
- Market Street Health Centre, Market Street
- Forest Gate Library, Woodgrange Road
- Froud Community Centre, Toronto Ave
We can support you to achieve long-term behaviour change with personalised support combining:
how you eat
how you get active
how you think, sleep and manage your mood
Our group sessions take place in community venues local to you and can be flexible to suit your schedule. We also have digital options available should face to face not be suitable. With Live Well Newham you will have the chance to be part of a team of people with similar weight-loss goals, sharing experiences and benefitting from the informal support that comes with group membership.
We have a male only option: M-Fit
If you are interested in a men’s only weight loss challenge with a strong focus on fitness then M-Fit could be the choice for you. Find out more about M-Fit by clicking here.
Still not sure?
Taking those initial steps to change your lifestyle can be challenging but we are here to help you through every step of the way. Here’s what some of our service users have to say about us:
“Usually talking about weight loss is stressful, but I didn’t feel that during this programme”
“The sessions were well planned and put across well. We were told the month before what the next session would be about so we could prepare.”
“The coach was good fun, relaxed and made us all feel welcome. She gave us all the chance to speak. Thank you for opening my eyes”
You can also read one of our full service users stories here, to find out what can be possible when you join Live Well Newham.
There are also other fantastic, free services available in Newham to help you on your healthy lifestyle journey. For more information, please visit Bags of Taste: www.bagsoftaste.org or Nutrition Kitchen: www.nutrition-kitchen.co.uk.
Feel free to contact the team for more information:
Phone: 0333 577 3011