North East London patient information
The new one-year programme to support a healthier lifestyle, weight loss, and remission of Type 2 diabetes.
What is it?
- A unique one-year programme combining specialist nutrition, psychology and physical activity
- Supports rapid weight loss and long-term behaviour change
- Support throughout from your Health & Wellbeing diabetes practitioner via regular contact, with online learning and supporting resources
- Supported by GPs, practice nurses, diabetes practitioners, dietitians, clinical psychologists and exercise specialists
How does it work?
12 weeks of low-calorie diet (shakes and soups) followed by reintroducing food, focusing on movement and maintaining a new healthy eating lifestyle.
Three-staged programme focused on helping individuals achieve their health goals
Achieve diabetes remission (target glucose levels with no medication)
Online programme resources which are accessible 24/7
Free sessions, support and resources throughout the year
You can find support in your area through our signposting packs.
We will work together over 12 months, and the support you will receive during this time will include:
- An initial one-to-one assessment
- 20 sessions with your Health & Wellbeing diabetes practitioner
- 26 online support modules
- Final one-to-one assessment
How to join
This unique programme is being offered to patients in your area. Arrange to talk to your healthcare professional to sign up for the programme.
Download info sheet here