NHS Type 2 Diabetes Path to Remission Programme commitments
Your commitment to us
During the length of the 12-month programme, we ask that you commit to:
- Attend all sessions with your Diabetes Practitioner, this will increase your chances of success. If you are unable to attend, please inform us as soon as possible. As this is a medically supervised programme, if you are unable to attend a number of sessions we may be required to discharge you from the programme. It is vital that you attend the first two sessions so that you have the information to start. If you are unable to do this it will delay your start.
- For your safety, you will need to provide us with health measurements throughout the programme. This includes blood glucose levels, weight and for anyone with hypertension, blood pressure measurements will also be required. It is essential that measurements are provided. Should you miss a measurement submission, we will follow up with you to collect this. In the event we are unable to obtain your measurements we will be required to discharge you from the programme as it would be unsafe to continue without this.
- Order your Total Diet Replacement products as instructed in a timely manner. Please note, once you have ordered your products you are unable to change these so please choose carefully. If you are unable to complete the programme you will need to dispose of any unused TDR products. If you feel that you are unable to commit to the programme, please do not proceed with ordering the products and inform us of this decision.
- If you withdraw or are discharged from the programme you are required to discuss with your GP as soon as possible. For your safety TDR products should not be consumed unless medically supervised.
- As discussed, it is important that you only consume your TDR products once your agreed medication changes (if any) have been enacted (and not before).
- Where instructed order your measuring kit in advance of your first session and have your measurements completed ready for your sessions with your Diabetes Practitioner. Please note if you are unable to complete the programme you will need to return your self-monitoring products back to the supplier at your own cost. If you feel that you are unable to commit to the programme, please do not proceed with ordering the products and inform us of this decision.
- Download the Wellbeing Way app and complete all online modules in a timely manner.
- Inform us if you no longer wish to continue with the programme.
- Inform us of any medication changes whilst you are in the TDR phase – this is to ensure it is safe for you to consume your TDR whilst on varying medications.
- Continue to attend yearly diabetes reviews with your GP.
- Inform us and your GP if you have any changes to your health that may impact on your ability to take part in the programme, for example:
|Heart attack||Drug addictions||Eating disorder – including Binge Eating Disorder|
|Stroke||Insulin user||Severe heart failure|
|Active liver disease (not non-alcoholic fatty liver disease)||Severe renal impairment|
Our commitment to you
During the length of the 12-month programme, we commit to you:
- To provide you with a service designed to empower you to lose weight, maintain weight loss, manage your diabetes and have the potential to achieve remission of type 2 diabetes.
- To ensure we deliver an effective service, which is based on the latest evidence, and offers you specialist support in nutrition, psychology and physical activity education to promote an overall healthy lifestyle.
- To ensure our service responds to your individual needs and provides a supportive and non-judgmental environment for you to learn in the way that feels right for you.
- To equip you with the knowledge, skills and tools to make healthier lifestyle changes.
- To support you to set goals which are specific to you and your health.
- To provide you with free TDR products throughout the entirety of the programme.
- To provide you with a measurement kit worth up to £100 (where appropriate) to ensure you can self-monitor throughout the programme. Upon completion of the programme, you get to keep your kit so you can continue to track your progress!
- To keep any information you share with us secure and only ever share it when updating your GP of your progress.
At Xyla Health & Wellbeing, our ethos is to be person-centred; although our team try really hard to deliver the best possible service, we recognise that occasionally we may not always get it right. If you are unhappy with any part of our service, we would like to know so that we can resolve this for you.
Give us your feedback:
We will always try and respond to any patient dissatisfaction, quickly and efficiently, however, if you are still not happy we will be able to guide you through our complaints procedure.