Tomato and basil soup
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 108 kcal
- 0.7g Fat
- 0.3g Saturated fat
- 18g Carbohydrate
- 5.4g Fibre
- 4.2g Protein
- 0.28g Salt
- Dry fry the onion, carrot and celery in a pan until translucent. Add some water if you feel the mixture is too dry.
- Add the tomato puree and basil and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and 1.5L of boiling water.
- Leave to simmer over a gentle heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Blend with a hand blender to reach your desired consistency.
- Serve into a bowl, sprinkle some fresh basil on top and enjoy!