320 kcal/serving, 40g carbohydrates/serving. Serves 4
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tbsp reduced salt vegetable stock cubes
- 200g red lentils
- Place the olive oil in a saucepan and heat over a medium heat for around 30 seconds. Add the chopped onions, carrots, garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric and pepper and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chilli and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, vegetable stock and 900 ml of water (enough to completely cover the lentils).
- Cook for 30 minutes. Blend the soup and add some water to reach your desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with a handful of fresh coriander and enjoy with a slice of wholemeal bread.