Your commitment to us
During the length of the 12-month programme, we ask that you commit to:
- Attend all sessions with your Diabetes Practitioner. If you are unable to attend, please inform us as soon as possible. If you do not attend your sessions, then you may be discharged from the service.
- To download the Wellbeing Way app and complete all online modules in a timely manner.
- Book and attend your ‘health checks’ with your healthcare team and continue to attend yearly diabetes reviews with your GP.
- Inform us and your GP if you have any changes to your health that may impact on your ability to take part in the programme e.g. Pregnancy, cancer, heart attack, stroke, severe heart failure, active liver disease (not non-alcoholic fatty liver disease), severe renal impairment, insulin user, porphyria, retinopathy, eating disorder, substance abuse.
- Inform us if you no longer wish to continue with the programme. If you are unable to continue on the REWIND programme, you will not be able to be re-referred for 12 months from your programme end date.
Low Carbohydrate pathway only:
- Start your healthy living low-carbohydrate approach from group session 1.
Total diet replacement pathway only:
- Order your Total Diet Replacement products as instructed in a timely manner i.e. stage 1 pack before session 1 and stage 2 pack before session 4.
Our commitment to you
During the length of the 12-month programme, we commit to you:
- We will provide you with a service designed to empower you to achieve a healthier weight/ maintain a healthy weight, and reduce any medications you are taking for diabetes, other conditions or prevent the need for future medications.
- We will offer a programme that has the potential to achieve remission of type 2 diabetes.
- We will offer you specialist nutrition, psychology and physical activity education to promote an overall healthy lifestyle and equip you with the knowledge, skills and tools to make healthier lifestyle changes.
- We will ensure we deliver an effective service based on the latest evidence and be responsive to your needs.
- We will support you to set goals which are specific to your health and needs.
- We will keep any information you share with us secure and only ever share it when updating your GP with your progress.
At Xyla Health & Wellbeing, our ethos is to be person centred; although our team try really hard to deliver the best possible service, we recognise that occasionally we may not always get it right. If you are unhappy with any part of our service, we would like to know so that we can resolve this for you.
Give us your feedback:
We will always try and respond to any patient dissatisfaction, quickly and efficiently, however if you are still not happy we will be able to guide you through our complaints procedure.