Ingredients | Serves 1
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 320g skinless and boneless chicken thigh fillets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 200g mixed salad leaves
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 35g green olives
- 50g feta cheese
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads or flatbreads
- 125g Greek yoghurt 0% fat (optional)
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 408 kcal
- 16g Fat
- 3.7g Saturated fat
- 28g Carbohydrate
- 6.6g Fibre
- 33g Protein
- May contain sesame & soya
- In a mixing bowl, mix the chicken thighs, olive oil, juice of ½ a lemon, 2 cloves of minced garlic and spices.
- Leave to marinade for at least 1 hour (if possible, leave to marinade for 3 hours).
- Add the chopped vegetables into a salad bowl with the mixed salad leaves and olives and then crumble the feta cheese over the top.
- Heat a griddle pan on a high heat then add the chicken thighs.
- Cook the thighs for 10-15 minutes, turning every couple of minutes.
- Cover the chicken in tin foil and rest the chicken for a couple of minutes before slicing into strips.
- Lightly toast or grill the pitta bread/flatbread for 2-3 minutes and half them.
- Optional sauce: mix together the Greek yoghurt, 1 clove of minced garlic, ½ tsp cumin, lemon zest and juice of ½ a lemon.