Carrot and red pepper soup
Ingredients | Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion
- 5 large carrots
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 large celery stick
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 low salt vegetable stock cube (made with 900ml water)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Black pepper, to taste
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 159 kcal
- 7.5g Fat
- 1.1g Saturated fat
- 17g Carbohydrate
- 7.8g Fibre
- 1.9g Protein
- 0.15g Salt
- May contain mustard, eggs, & soya
- Roughly chop the onion, red pepper, celery, and carrots.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a low heat and cook the onions and celery until soft.
- Add the carrots and pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme and bay leaf and stir for another minute.
- Pour in the stock and increase to a medium heat, bringing the stock to a boil.
- Allow to simmer for 20 minutes and ensure the carrots have become soft.
- Remove the bay leaf from the pan, then use a hand blender to puree or blend using a food processor.
- Add black pepper to taste and serve.